Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have call waiting. Look at that!

I'm beginning to like this no-facebook experiment of mine. Maybe my friends are as excited as I am or they are just worried that I am going to go crazy from not connecting with people. Whatever the case, they are actually calling! Some just to say hello!

The day before I deactivated facebook I posted my experiment idea as my status and sent my e-mail to a few friends in a private message, just in case they didn't get a chance to see what I was up to. I told myself that I was only going to send the private message to a few people that I knew would worry if suddenly they couldn't find my profile, but I was surprised when out of
50o+ friends I ended up sending the message to about 20.

Out of those, a few called last night asking how the experiment is doing. Some tell me they are proud and understand why I'm doing it; others are advising me not to. One is betting me a Margarita if i make it up until November 1st.

I really am loving the 5-minute phone conversations that I'm having with these people. I hope the keep on coming. I can already taste the tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment