Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'd love to take you out, but I can't find you on facebook

Friday night at Chuck's bar. It was the typical crowd of Yankee sports fans (the game was on) and college students. If you are hoping to see people that you haven't seen in a long time, there is a really good chance that they are here.

Case in point: lawyer boy. I'm not going to disclose anyone's name if I'm not saying anything positive about them. Especially when they are in law school and they could find a way to sue me for presenting them under a false light.

Lawyer boy and I had been facebook chatting for a few days before I I disabled the social network. He is, in fact, one of the many reasons why I did it in the first place. I was getting tiered of meeting guys and not having actual conversations with them. I figured (maybe inspired by watching He's Just Not That Into You) that if he really was interested, he would find out about my no facebook experiment and find my phone number from one of our mutual friends. He didn't and I put him in the he's just not that into you shelf (Yep, there is a shelf and I have no problem adding people to it).

But lawyer boy was at Chuck's and the first thing that comes out of his mouth when he sees me is: When are you getting back on facebook? Obviously, he had cared enough to ask why my profile no longer appeared when he searched for me.

"Excuse me? You could have just called," was all I could say.

"I couldn't. I don't have your number."

Whatever. My mistake. I thought you had to be smart to get into law school. I left Chuck's laughing. He never asked for my number, but it' fine. Let's face it. I'm not that into him either. And I have no intention of seeing anyone who doesn't know how to use the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment