Sunday, October 4, 2009

Skype isn't cheating

I had a full house this weekend, so not being able to go on facebook or messenger to interact with people didn't seem like a big deal. Until everyone packed their bags and I was left alone in my apartment.

One thing I've learned so far is that I didn't need facebook to procrastinate. Okay, so I already did all the reading for one of my classes this week and I actually got started on homework that is not due until Wednesday, but that paper that is due on Tuesday that my friend started on Friday night? Still no sign of it coming alive. You'll sense my stress tomorrow.

Since my roommate is out and most of my friends are busy with homework, I decided to look for ways to interact with my friends from home. I had a web cam hiding in the back of my closet that I wasn't using because it required me to install messenger, a big no-no on this experiment.

Thinking that I couldn't use Skype with it, I let it go. Until today when my friend Nancy told me that Skype would read my web cam without the need for messenger. My apologies if I sound technologically challenged.

So after about an hour (where I again delayed working on my paper) I finally installed my web cam and Skype and my friend and I had an actual conversation. Almost face to face! Isn't this awesome?

I love how I'm easily pleased...

No comments:

Post a Comment